Liebster Award … The Sequel
That’s right my friends, I have been nominated for the Liebster award for a second time, I am still surprised every time I get nominated for an award for my comic-book ramblings, but always humbled and grateful. Big thanks go out to my new WordPress friend ML.Bradford at bradscribe for nominating me, head on over and give his site some love, you know you want to!
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Answer the questions by the nominator.
Nominate other blogs you love.
Notify your nominees.
Create eleven questions for your nominees.
Now then, I know some bloggers do not participate in the award ceremonies so there is absolutely no obligation to accept this award, I nominate you because you are great and deserving of this!
1. What is the most amazing thing you have ever done?
Had a tough time with this question, my goal after leaving school was to become a comic-book artist and though I haven’t achieved that (yet, I am still working on it!) I am proud of the fact that I passed my art A-levels at the highest grade in college, also starting my own small business last year, which took a lot of time and planning.
2. Which of your blog posts are you most proud of, and why?
Again a difficult question, I have posted approximately 170 posts in the eight months I have had the Precinct, but I guess it would be this one: The Crow – 20th Anniversary Review I am a huge fan of both Brandon Lee and the Crow graphic novel, I remember the day I heard of his untimely death on the set of the film, and the news hit me quite hard. I am an emotional sort and the death of such a young and talented actor and martial artist was something that brought the fragility of life into perspective for me at a very young age. We still miss you Brandon.
3. Who is your favourite writer?
Ah an easy one! It is without a shadow of doubt, the awesomeness that is Alan Moore. Alan is a British comic-book writer and probably the most influential writer in that medium of all time, his works include such luminary greats as: Watchmen, V for Vendetta, The Killing Joke and From Hell amongst many many others.
4. What is more important in a story: Characterisation or dialogue?
To me, both. Great dialogue is wasted without a solid character foundation to build off.
5. If you had a chance to write a sequel to a book/graphic novel, which one would you choose?
It would probably have to be Alan Moore’s V for Vendetta, a continuation of the story with Evey Hammond taking over the role of V.
6. What do you think is the best line from a Sci-Fi movie?
Rutger Hauer’s classic speech from the end of Blade Runner (technically not one line but…) his performance in the film was astounding, but that speech at the end is mesmerising and emotional.
7. What is your favourite scene in a novel or comic, and why?
There are two actually, the scene of a young Bruce Wayne kneeling at the lifeless bodies of his parents at Crime Alley always brings a lump to my throat, and Wonder Woman’s birthing from clay by the Greek Gods.
8. If you could meet two famous writers, who would you choose?
Alan Moore, for previously mentioned reasons, and Denny O’Neil, long time writer for DC Comics and possibly my favourite writer of Batman comics throughout the years.
9. Which fictional character (either novels or comics) deserves their own movie?
Well I would have said Wonder Woman of course, but seeing as that particular dream is already coming true then I would have to say Batwoman, after WW she is definitely the greatest female character ever brought to comics.
10. What is the next book you want to buy?
I actually buy very few (if any these days) novels, too much time reading comic-books. The next comic series I am going to start collecting though, will be the new Starfire series that begins its run in June.
11. What inspired you to become a writer?
My love of comics and Superheroes and my need to share that love with the entire world!!!
And now the nominations are…
And your questions…
1. If you could live anywhere, real or fictional, where would that be?
2. What super power would you choose if given the opportunity?
3. What would you say was your greatest achievement in life so far?
4. Who is your favourite Superhero? (bonus points if it’s Bats or Wondy! 😉
5. Favourite quote from comic, novel or movie?
6. Keaton, West or Bale: who is your favourite Caped Crusader?
7. Are you a Cat or Dog person?
8. If you could grant one wish to the world, what would that be?
9. What in your opinion is the greatest TV series of all time?
10. How many fingers am I holding up right now? (nothing rude, I promise) 😉
11. Wonder Woman or Power Girl, who would triumph in a battle royale?